Have you applied for a concession for your utilities?
If you hold a card issued by Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs you can apply for a concession on your utilities. To find out more please contact the Concessions Hotline.
1800 307 758
If you do meet the criteria and are eligible for concessions on your utilities, below is the application form.
HESS – Hints to Help Me Save
The Home Energy Saver Scheme (HESS) have put together some handy hints that can help you save money and energy around your home, plus an Action Plan to help you set your own personal goals.
Handy Hints Booklet
The Handy Hints Booklet will remind you of the ways you can save around the home – some you may be able to do, and others you may not be able to do, but every single one of them can help you save money and energy. Even if you only choose one or two, it all adds up!
This booklet will also help you to set your own personal goals for saving both now and in the future. Setting goals is the important first step to achieving them. Be sure that you set SMART goals – they should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timebased.
Energy Saving Tips
The following are tips provided by Origin Energy on ways you can reduce your energy consumption and save money in your home. Please note that any changes to the property to implement these cost saving ideas are the responsibility of the Tenant and will not be subsidized or maintained by Westside Housing Association Inc.
Save Water in Your Home
Inside the average South Australian home, the greatest amount of water is used in the bathroom (20%) and toilet (11%).
One of the easiest ways of saving water in the bathroom and toilet is to install a water efficient showerhead and toilet cistern and ensure that you use them properly.
In your bathroom
- Take shorter showers – you can save up to 11 litres of water every minute by installing a water efficient shower head.
- Install a dual flush toilet – this can save you up to 50% on every flush.
- Check for a leaking toilet cistern. Put food colouring in the cistern. If the colour shows in the toilet bowl without flushing, you’ve got a leak.
- Turn the taps off when you’re brushing your teeth, washing your hands and shaving.
- Install water efficient appliances wherever possible.
- Install aerators on your taps.