“Ask questions, turn ideas in action!”
Attend a Westside Tenant Advisory Group event
Westside is committed to listening to and working with its customers. The insights, skills and opinions of people who live in our homes will help to shape our services, projects and policies.
Westside staff and TAG participants will work together to discover how improvements can be made to Westside as a business and as a community, to better the lives of our tenants. You don’t have to come along to every event or meeting to be part of the group, or to have your options heard. The TAG meetings are opt in, and you can contact us to be included in all communications that arise out of the TAG meetings, whether you attend or not. Some people event give us their views on certain subjects via letter, email or phone call if they can’t make it in person.
We will listen to issues that arise in consultation and conversations and respond with proactive solutions.
Together we can contribute to making lives and tenancies sustainable, now and in the future.
Second event – September and October 2018
We recently held three Tenant Advisory Group meetings at community centers in Elizabeth Grove, Brompton and Hove.
32 people turned up across all events to share a warm soup lunch and discuss how improvements can be made to homes to make them more comfortable and sustainable to live in. Topics were:
- Solar panels
- Heating and cooling
- Gardening and cleaning
- Maintenance and repairs
Read the discussion notes from all three meetings here. The notes include actions that will be researched and taken by Westside, as well as tenant-led ideas and actions for the future.
Image above: Bingo winners before the serious conversations.
First event – February and March 2018
Barefoot Bowls, BBQ and a Chat – The first 2 events were held i at Bowls Clubs in Clearview and Marion.
We had over 16 people attends over both events, which turned out to be very social and fun. Many people were introduced to a new sport – lawn bowls.
Many also visited a lawn bowls club for the first time.
Conversations over dinner focused around:
- Virtual Power Plant (how to register and an update on the project).
- My Aged Care (how Westside can support older tenants in the process and lack of services for those registered).
- Surveys (the coming Tenant Satisfaction Survey and other surveys people have been invited to complete).
- Transfers and allocations (people can go on the transfer list if they are unhappy in their current home).
- An AGM (Westside used to hold one that was well attended, would it be worthwhile having them again every year?).
- The TAG (all who attended agreed that these TAG events should have a strong social competent with conversations and consultation).
Above: tenants enjoying lawn bowls and conversation.
look for, and harness strength / include others in decisions / find answers / deliver outcomes / listen / strive for fairness for everyone / keep improving